Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Update!: Nursery To Do's

I think it's safe to say that we're in full on nesting mode right now. I think it's still early, and I keep asking myself what I'll do in the next 7.5 weeks if I do it all now! Something about getting a lot of Baby Girl's items at our baby shower this weekend really set the fire under our asses :)

Before I get into some nursery updates and items left on the to-do list, I wanted to follow up on my 32 week appoint, which we had last night. 

Our practice has been going through some doctor changes, and we finally were able to get an appointment with one of the new doctor's that could possibly be the one delivery the wee one. 

A little dark...PB Rose Flower Shade 

I was excited because I had met so many other wonderful physicians in the office before they all left, and I figured their replacements would be just as great. 

It wasn't that she wasn't knowledgeable or nice...it's just that she was very vague in her answers, and sometimes seemed to answer our questions with what we wanted to hear. I don't want to be surprised in the delivery room, so I wanted to know the exact answer that would be thrown in my face on the big day. 

After my 29 week 8 pound gain, I ended up not gaining any weight over the last 3 weeks. I was sure she'd say something, but when she looked at my chart, said she wasn't concerned at all. Really? I find that hard to believe. I know I can't go back on the gain I had at my last appointment, but I expected at least a 3 pound gain since then. 

She said I should expect to gain another 6 pounds and then taper off in my 39th and 40th weeks, as most women do. That would put my total weight gain at 26 weeks. I'd be extremely happy with that, but honestly wasn't thinking it'd ever be that low. 


She got out her measuring tape and after much feeling around, and measuring twice, she said the fundal height was 31 cm. I think the first measurement was much less than that, since the second time around she got much closer to my pelvis. She was feeling around and said she couldn't get a good grasp on how big the baby was since it seems I'm hiding her well. Then she asked how much I weighed at birth, which was over 8 pounds. She discussed a possible ultrasound to see her growth, and then decided (after Hubs inquired further) that we'd wait until my next appointment at 34 weeks to see if the fundal height increases as it should. 

This left me concerned. I want to know if she is measuring on track or not. If there is something to be concerned about, I want to know. I think I'm going to give a call back this morning to get some reassurance. 

Baby Girl's HB was 138, and she's still breech. She said that they still move around a lot at this point so it's nothing to be concerned about. I guess what I thought was a foot in my rib is actually her head! 

 Finished DIY Ombré Art

We had a busy weekend putting together a lot of the nursery. We organized the changing table, washed blankets, towels, burp cloths, bibs and socks, and figured out if we had too many clothes in one size. I think we have a good amount of 0-3 months and 3-6 months, with only a few newborn outfits and those over 6 months. I think it's hard to gauge what size she'll be come fall, and considering there aren't any fall clothes out there, I think we did alright! 

As you can see above, we put together the crib bedding and got her sheets washed. The bumper will be removed temporarily once she's in her crib, but for aesthetic purposes, I thought it was best to put it in for now :)

We have a load of laundry to do with all her newborn and 0-3 month clothes, which I'll probably do this weekend. I still can't get over how tiny her clothes are! 

Teeny Tiny baby clothes


Here's what's left on our Baby Brine to-do list:

Determine if glider fits in nursery
If it fits, paint glider and find cushions for it
Pick out an ottoman
Purchase swing
Contact insurance about breast pump
Hang mirror, pictures and art
Hang shelves
Have local police install car seats
Pack hospital bag
Make labor & delivery thank you bags
Buy mittens 
Purchase iPod/iPad dock 
Finalize Day Care plans
FINISH OUR BASEMENT

Ya, that last one has me all worried. A lot of her older baby gear will need to be stored in the basement since our colonial home closets don't offer much space. Right now, a lot of the bigger items are in our spare bedroom, and it irks me to see it so disorganized. Maybe it's time to learn to live with the mess, since most of our house will be come May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment