Tuesday, March 19, 2013

33 Weeks!

I think I'm always going to be one of those people who has the case of the Monday's. I loathe Monday's and dread the start of a new work week. (Note: this was meant to post yesterday!) 

I always look forward to the weekend, but have learned that I need to make every day count. Each one is a blessing. 

On Friday morning, I started getting really bad menstrual like cramps and a constant back pain. I couldn't get comfortable at work, and ended up elevating my desk so I could stand. I left work about an hour early, and started feeling a little bit better on the drive home. The pain continued although it would peak at times, and I started to get worried thinking maybe I was having some contractions. 

After having the constant pain for almost 10 hours, I called my doctor. She said to take some Tylenol and drink a bunch of water as sometimes dehydration causes contractions. After an hour, I called back and she advised us to go to the hospital for monitoring. 

Note to self: Bring warmer blankets

I was so nervous and scared, thinking that our baby girl can' t be making an early arrival. I'm so anxious to meet her, but just not yet. 

We got to triage around 10:30, and were seen relatively quickly. They placed a monitor around my belly to ensure that the littlest Brine wasn't in distress. After a pelvic exam, the doctor decided to place me on IV fluids and said that I was slightly dilated so they ran a test to see if the contractions were likely to put me into pre-term labor. 

After an hour, we were given the boot, as the test results came back negative and I wasn't in pre-term labor. 

I was still in extreme pain and experiencing contractions periodically, and was told I could take up to 3,000 mg of Tylenol a day to help with the pain. We finally got home around 1:00 am, and as exhausted as I was, couldn't sleep through the pain. 

I ended up taking some Tylenol around 4:00 am, and fell asleep. I had two or three contractions on Saturday, and had to use my Lamaze techniques to get me through. I definitely had "back labor" contractions, which made it so so painful.

I took it easy most of the weekend, and am now thinking that our baby girl re-positioned herself into the downward position, causing the contractions. I also think I'm struggling with some sciatic pain, since I get excruciating pain in my back when I stand. 

I'm hoping this all passes once she settles down, but I'm definitely happy that she's happy and healthy. It's going to be a long 7 weeks if she decides to hang on my nerve the rest of the time. 

Here is this weeks bumpdate:


How far along?: 33 weeks

Weight gained?: 20 lbs
Showing yet?: Yes
Stretch Marks?: I think I found one...
Clothes?: Maternity
Cravings?: Coffee (decaf, of course!)
Aversions?: Lately nothing has sounded appetizing
Sleep?:  Great, minus the pain on Friday night
Gender?:  Girl
Movement?: Like crazy. I think she's re-positioned herself because I'm feeling more cramped and her movements are more fluid and less jabby (does that even make sense?) 
Symptoms?: Sciatica, stuffy nose
Miss Anything?: A good workout! 
Wedding Rings on or off?: On
Belly Button in or out?: In
Labor Signs?: Yep- contractions mixed with Braxton Hicks
Looking Forward To: Meeting our baby girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment