Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hair Changes

Since 2007, I've identified myself as a blonde. In college, I used to dye my hair dark in the fall, and highlight in the spring and summer. The summer that Hubs and I met, I went full on blonde mode and never looked back. I LOVE having blonde hair, and I think in the winter it helps me feel less pale, if that makes any sense. 

My "natural" hair color is a light brown, and I've been convinced that I have to either dye it darker or highlight it since it's not a pretty shade on it's own. It's been over 6 years since I've seen my "real" hair color, and I've been irking for a change. 

Since I got pregnant, I swear my natural hair color has gotten even darker. It's made the upkeep of highlights really time consuming and expensive. The prenatal vitamins have made it really thick and heavy, so I'm not getting as much volume as I like.

Hubs and I have discussed the possibility of me going dark. I think he's skeptical, but knows I'll go right back to blonde if I hate it ;)

I can only imagine how little time I'll want to spend in the salon chair once our baby girl gets here, so I've been researching some options.

I think if I opt for a cut change this go round, I can do a color change at the next. I'm not sure I'm ready to make two huge changes at once! 


1-2-3-4-5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment