Monday, March 4, 2013

31 Weeks!

I can't believe we're 2 months (and 1 day) away from baby girl's due date!! I feel like time is flying by and I'm trying to soak up the last 9 weeks of my pregnancy. I know it's crazy to say, but the more active she is in my belly, the more I think I'll miss being pregnant. I just can't wait to meet her. I just want to know who she looks like and what her personality will be like. 

Friday afternoon I left work early as I wasn't feeling well. I didn't sleep well Thursday night and I felt like I was struggling with a hangover. It wasn't pretty. I ran to Target on my way home because I wanted to cross some nursery decor items off my to-do list. I purchased the mirror, baskets for the changing table and two floating shelves. I came home and took a 2.5 hour nap and somehow managed to fall asleep at 10:00 without any trouble. Hubs got home around 6, and I showed him all the purchases I made. 

Next thing I know, Hubs gets up to grab a beer. I thought we would head down to watch some TV. Nope. He brought that glass up to the nursery and we sat on her amazingly comfortable sheepskin rug while I organized the baskets and we chatted about our days. I'm so excited about how excited he is for her to arrive. I swear he's been as cool as a cucumber about becoming a dad. Let's hope he's the same way during labor and delivery ;)

We also installed the crib mobile hanger attachment that I purchased from Amazon and hung the crib mobile. I'll post the final outcome tomorrow! :) 

Once we have the layout finalized (we're really just waiting to see if the glider fits in the room...) we can start hanging everything! 

I'm also super excited for this upcoming weekend since it's our Baby Shower Weekend!! We're super blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who are going out of their way to shower us with love. Apparently my sister has been told she's going overboard with gifts. What's not to love about little girls clothes!?

So here's this weeks bumpdate (it's a little dark...):


How far along?: 31 weeks
Weight gained?: 20+ pounds
Showing yet?: Yes
Stretch Marks?: Not yet!
Clothes?: Maternity clothes all the way. 
Cravings?: Decaf coffee. Yep. That's a weird one.
Aversions?: None
Sleep?:  Great lately!
Gender?:  Girl...although I have this fear about them being wrong! 
Movement?: Yes...girlfriend is crazy. I think I feel her feet in my ribs this morning
Symptoms?: Stuffy nose, linea nigra, back pain, a little swelling in my feet last night, probably prompted by my wearing of 4 inch heels all day Saturday...
Miss Anything?: Cute spring and summer clothes, sitting for long periods of time without feeling any back pain, especially on the couch, not spending all day peeing...
Wedding Rings on or off?: On
Belly Button in or out?: In
Labor Signs?: None, just some cramping and pressure in my lower belly
Looking Forward To: Baby Girl's shower this weekend!! Got an e-mail from Pottery Barn Kids last night asking me to add items since almost everything off the registry has been purchased...YIKES! 



No comments:

Post a Comment