Thursday, February 5, 2015

Baby Boy Nursery

I was really gung-ho about getting Charlotte moved to her new room, and I burnt myself out by using all of that energy to do it! I've taken a break from painting and am now ready to tackle the rest of our list.


 
We've finished his two dressers, but were given a crib from my parents that we now have to refinish as well. I refinished a glider for Charlotte's room that is currently painted white. I may have Hubs help me refinish that in gray, but I'm still deciding.
 
Here are the dressers being refinished, and the final product. We used Annie Sloan's Paris Grey Chalk Paint and Soft Wax. I liked this product a lot, it was easy to work with and has a super fast drying time. My only issue is that it created more texture than I wanted. I think this is due mostly in part to my misunderstanding of how chalk paint is supposed to look.
 






Once we get his room painted and crib refinished, we can lay out the room and put the carpet down. Here is the rest of my to-do list, and some purchases that we need to make:
 
To Do List:
Paint crib
Order prints
Finish registries
Pick a mobile
Lamp DIY
Find a hamper
DIY Shelf
Call about pump
 
I bought some really cool birchwood planks and pots to use for some projects. The pots will go on his changing table and will hold diapers, diaper cream, nail clippers, etc.
 
I'm going to use the planks to make a piece of art for his wall. My plan is to put 3-4 of them together and paint the quote "All Good Things Are Wild & Free". I'd like to use the remaining planks to make a box around a floating shelf, but we'll see if they'll work!
 
I LOVE these prints. I'm going to order three to put either above his crib or changing table. I'm thinking about ordering the giraffe, elephant and tiger.



 
Lastly, I have to figure out how I'm going to DIY a birchwood lamp. Once the planks and pots arrive, I'll take them to get some wood that matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment