Thursday, January 22, 2015

Charlotte at 20 Months

As much as I want to update on Charlotte in my current bumpdates, I want to give her her own space to shine. 19 months was really tough for us. Sleep regression and separation anxiety are a rough combination, especially with a 6 month pregnant mama.
 
After we rang in the new year and got our routines back on track, we seemed to get to a better place.


 
To start, here are her stats:
Weight: 23 pounds
Height: Thinking 32 inches
18 month clothes
Size 5 shoe
 
Loves to: pick out her socks, shoes and shirt/dress. Mom gets to struggle to coordinate the above with some tights or pants
 
Toys: Her pop-up fire truck tent is a huge hit. She likes to sit inside and color, eat a snack, or just roll around. Coloring, markers, stickers and stampers are some other favorites. She became obsessed with her baby doll but that was short lived. She also likes to "cook" with me. I got a step stole at Ikea that she uses to stand at the counter with me. I LOVE this time with her, since I remember doing the same thing with my mom.


 
Here's our "normal" daily routine:
 
6:30-7 Wake up, get dressed, have breakfast
7:30-8 Head to day care (Tuesday-Friday)
5:00 Pick up from day care
6:00 Dinner
6:45 Bath
7:30 Bedtime
 
On the weekends/Mondays when I am off with her, we take our time and have breakfast together, play in her fire truck and color or put stickers on all of the things.


 
Breakfast Favorites:
 
Waffles with powdered sugar (used to be "dipped", aka syrup", but I prefer a light dusting of sugar over sticky syrup!)
Yogurt
Pancakes
Chicken sausage
Hashbrowns
 
I always offer her some sort of fruit, but she normally eats that at lunch.
 
After breakfast, we play some more, or I might turn on Olaf if she seems fiesty or disinterested in all her toys.
 


She normally has a snack an hour or so after breakfast. If she didn't eat a lot, I offer breakfast again, or she'll go for raisins, O's, applesauce (aka saucy), cheese, or yogurt if she didn't have that for breakfast.
 
If we're out and about running any errands, I always stock the diaper bag with the above: raisins, O's, a pouch or two, and maybe some goldfish. If I bring her milk, she wants her water, or vice versa. You can never win with toddlers!
 
Lunch is normally hit or miss, depending on if she had a big snack or has been picking at food all day. She eats really well at day care; I think she's a social eater!
 
Lunch Favorites:
 
Edamame, Peas, Corn or Green Beans
Yogurt
Chicken sausage, Rotisserie Chicken
PB&J
Milk
 
After lunch we normally head up for nap. We've cut back to simplify our routine, as we're not going to be able to have a long one once baby arrives.
 


Right now, we read two books of her choosing, then I sit in the glider and rock with her, humming a few songs and then putting her in her crib awake.
 
Naps at home have averaged about 1.5 hours, while at day care her normal is 2-3 hours.
 
After nap, we'll get a snack and have some milk, then head out for another errand or get the fire truck back out and play "boo" or "tunnel". She has a lot of energy to burn, and I've found that taking her out and about and sticking her in a cart doesn't work. She wants to walk on her own, but not hold my hand....you see the concerns, right?!



Dinner is normally a variation of what we're eating. I rarely offer her something she's already had that day, unless she's being super picky and it's a matter of just getting some food in her belly.
 
Dinner Favorites:
 
Soup
PB&J
Brown Rice
Fries or Roasted Potatoes
Green Beans
Chicken or Pork
 
She loves any chicken that is cooked in the crock pot. If I cook something while she's at day care, she'll come home wanting it straight from the pot. I try not to make anything spicy, so she normally does okay with whatever it is.


 
After dinner it's bathtime, which Hubs is in charge of. I clean up dinner, put away dishes, clean up her toys, and get her room ready for bed. Our bedtime routine is the same as nap; two books, her choice, then we hum in the glider for a little before putting her in her crib.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment