Tuesday, January 20, 2015

26 Weeks

After Charlotte had gone to bed for the night, Hubs & I were sitting on the couch. I had a moment of panic thinking I was going to be 27 weeks, meaning the third trimester was right around the corner! 26 weeks isn't much further away, but I can't believe we're heading toward finish line.

I always said I'd cherish this pregnancy like my first, and while in my heart I love this little boy more than I ever thought possible, it's just so much harder to enjoy and embrace it. You know, toddlers will do that to you.
 
At night when I'm laying in bed, I like to just hold my belly and feel him move. It's often the only quiet in my day, aside from when I'm working, where I can just enjoy the movements and think about who he'll be. It might be wishful thinking, but I think he'll be a sweet, gentle soul. I don't think he'll be as nosy as his sister was, although I'm sure that'll come with time. I imagine a head full of hair like Charlotte's, squinty blue eyes and fair skin. At this point, I don't think he'll be much bigger than she was (6 lbs, 8 oz), but maybe a little longer. I'm anxious to meet him, name him, and love him deeply.

 
How far along?: 26 weeks
Weight gained?:  15 pounds
Showing yet?: Yep!
Clothes?: Maternity
Cravings?: Peanut butter toast, fruit, and sweets 
Aversions?: Nothing
Sleep?: Much better this week! We invested in a humidifer which helps with the stuffiness that I experience.
Boy or Girl?: Boy!
Movement?: Yes and I love it!
Symptoms?: Stuffy nose, tired, and pelvic pressure.
Looking forward to?: Finishing up his furniture and getting it moved into the nursery.

I'm excited to post some pictures of his finished furniture! We took two dressers and refinished them with chalk paint. We have some spots that need touched up, but overall I'm excited with how it looks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment