Tuesday, April 28, 2015

40 Weeks

Ah 40 weeks, we meet again. Apparently my uterus makes for a comfortable home! I delivered Charlotte at 40 weeks 1 day. Today marks that day and unless I start active labor in the next few hours, it's doubtful that I'll be having him on the same day.


 
I was really upset when my due date hit with Charlotte, but yesterday came and went and I was unphased. I enjoyed what I assume will be my last Monday off with just my little girl, and was generally comfortable so I think that played a part in it. I also know that this transition is going to be a big one for our family, so we are just playing the waiting game and soaking up the last of current normal routine!
 
I have my 40 week appointment tonight and am scheduled for induction tomorrow morning. Depending on my progress, we may cancel if I'm not comfortable with the plan.
 
 
 
How far along?: 40 weeks
Weight gained?: 27 pounds
Showing yet?: Yep
Clothes?: Maternity
Cravings?: Candy!
Aversions?: Nothing
Sleep?: Terrible lately. Lots of insomina, contractions, mind racing, etc.
Boy or Girl?: Little mister
Movement?: I think his movement has slowed down but he's also dropped so my ribs aren't the center of his squirms anymore!
Symptoms?: Allergies or a cold have welcomed their way into my sinuses. UGH!
Labor signs?: Lots of contractions, lost my mucus plug, spotting, etc. I've got a lot of symptoms but no active labor yet!
Looking forward to?: THE BIG DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment