Tuesday, April 30, 2013

39 Weeks!

Seriously? 5 days until May 5?! Where have the last 9 months gone?? Okay so obviously we're coming down to the last few days, and other than some sleeping issues, I'm feeling pretty good. 

I went to the doctor's yesterday, and made NO progress from last week. Very, very disappointing. I promised myself that I wouldn't get upset with the results of the internal checks, but alas, I sulked yesterday like it was my J-O-B. Everyone that I talked to said they mean nothing, and I'm aware, but you still hope your body continues to prep for labor like it should, not stop (or take a break) at week 38.

I was cranky all night, and Hubs said we should go for a walk. It was already 8:00, but I knew it'd make me feel better to get some air and I thought that maybe I'd walk myself into labor. Well, no labor here, but it did make me feel a little better. 

I went to sleep, and got up every few hours to either pee or flip onto my side. I swear I keep waking up on my back (which is really uncomfortable) and flipping back over. I guess the "waking every few hours" has already started. 

At 5:05 this morning, I got up to pee, and reluctantly decided to stay in bed, wide awake, thinking about how our Baby Girl. She hasn't been moving as much as normal, probably because she's running out of room, but I came to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, my mood is impacting her. So, I've made a promise to myself, and to her, that I'll enjoy the last few days (or weeks...) of this pregnancy, and will trust that everything will go according to plan. 

Now for this weeks bumpdate: 

Um, high basketball. Where did you come from?!



How far along?: 39 weeks
Weight gained?: 27 pounds as of my 39 week appointment 
Showing yet?: Yes!
Stretch Marks?: Not on my belly, just a couple on my hips
Clothes?: Maternity
Cravings?: None, but loving cereal still! 
Aversions?: None!
Sleep?: What's sleep? Blah...
Gender?:  Girl
Movement?: She's been quiet the last few days, more or less squirming around! 
Symptoms?: Stuffy nose is back in action, little back pain, minor cramping
Miss Anything?: Hubs and I enjoyed dinner out at a local Italian restaurant, and the Chianti he got smelled fabulous! Took me back to Italy...
Wedding Rings on or off?: On, getting snug with the heat
Belly Button in or out?: In
Labor Signs?: BH, pelvic pressure, but nothing more than that! As of my 39 week appointment, I was 50-60% effaced and baby was at a -2 station.
Looking Forward To: Summer clothes and meeting/naming our Baby Girl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment