Friday, April 5, 2013

1 Month!

The first year we were married, I would wish the Hubs a "Happy Month-iversary" the third of every month. 

Since we found out our due date was May 5, I've counted down on the fifth of every month. I guess you could say I have a thing with dates, and love celebrating each small milestone. 

Well, here we are, our last "month-to-go"! I guess from here we will be counting down days and/or weeks until she decides to make her arrival. 

I'm well aware that the odds she arrives ON or BEFORE her due date are slim to none, considering I'm a first-time mom, but I have a small glimmer of hope that she's like her mama and will be too impatient to wait until May 5. That, and if she only knew that April's birthstone was a diamond, she may have more of an incentive to come on out ;)

From top left to bottom right: 11 weeks,19 weeks, 24 weeks, 28 weeks, 33 weeks, 34 weeks

I've been slacking on my to-do list as I've been hit with the third trimester exhaustion. I can barely stay awake at work and when I get in my car, all I can think about is taking a nap. So I go home and do just that! 

I'm off on Monday (and will be enjoying my prenatal massage!!) and am thinking that with the help of Hubs, I can get more of these items crossed off our list this weekend. We're not thinking our basement will be finished by the time she arrives, but it's on the list because I have a small ounce of hope! Here is the revised list! 


Purchase breast pump (probably won't do this until after I deliver)
Pack hospital bag (In progress...)
Make labor & delivery baskets
Purchase nursing bras and tops
Pick up bassinet
Set up monitor
Purchase NB size hats for the hospital
FINISH OUR BASEMENT

I'm hoping to pick up the nursing bras and tops this weekend so I can have them washed and in the hospital bag. Hubs will likely pack his bags last minute, so my goal is to have mine and baby girl's bags packed and in the car come next Sunday (37 weeks). I also think I can make the L&D baskets this weekend, and will have my parents  bring them to the hospital so that Hubs and I don't have to bring 1,000,000 things with us. 

Oh and here are some breastfeeding resources that I've come across/have been told about over the last few months, for anyone who is reading who may need them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment